Friday, February 2, 2024

Decoding the Jackpot Dream: A Journey Through Relapse, Recovery, and Future Insights

 I relapsed: 




Not quite what you think. I had a dream i gambled $100 and hit the jackpot immediately. Therefore it's what's known as a “relapse dream”. Now that doesnt mean the next time I'm going to gamble I'll hit it big. I hope to never gamble again, so that "dream" will not be lived out. 


Do i miss it?

No. 

Not one bit. 

Why would I? 

It took more than money away from me. It took everything I wanted in life away. Could this dream have been indicative of how I felt previously? The first woman that ever gave me a chance, I felt i “hit the jackpot”. Maybe. Could this be indicative of what's to come in the future? Could be. Only time and patience will tell.


Dreams have a way of telling us something coming in the future. Sometimes, maybe good, sometimes maybe bad.





Of course, reading all over the internet about dream interpretation has conflicting evidence. Some sites claim a jackpot winning dream means good things are coming, others will say it's a feeling of being lost in life. Now I know for certain I'm not lost. I mean, I know my cardinal directions. Never Eat Sour Watermelon. BOOM!


Relapse dreams are fairly common to have in recovery. The good news is these dreams tend to decrease over time. Dreams are essentially a way in which the brain processes information and memories. While you dream, some parts of your brain are more active than others. The active parts are often those that process emotions, memories and sensations, while the parts responsible for logic and reasoning are often quieter. This is why dreams can often seem so realistic.

The Silver Lining:

Interestingly, relapse dreams can also be viewed as a silver lining in the cloudy sky of recovery. They offer a unique opportunity for self-reflection and a deeper understanding of the triggers and emotional undercurrents that may still be lingering beneath the surface. Analyzing the content and emotions of these dreams with a therapist or support group can provide valuable insights into the ongoing healing journey.

Dreams of gambling might bring about an urge to gamble again. 

Don't. 

Don’t give in when you have this type of dream. Remember your why; remember your reason from abstaining in the first place. Don't let your dreams cloud your behavior and goals. Use that as motivation to keep abstaining and living a life freed from gambling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can Compulsive Gamblers Ever Gamble Again?

  The past 36 hours have been quite terrifying. The last thing a pet owner ever expects is to see their beloved pet and best friend as roadk...